Tuesday, March 18, 2008


Its only the middle of march and I have already had a crazy year. 

 was a slow-go, waiting on our orders to go back home (to Utah), I was excited to be going home but at the same time sad to leave behind the life I had started/ adjusted to. I had such a good job, the perfect one. I loved my coworkers, my boss, my job description, the money, the commute, everything.  I was also enjoy the beautiful weather (on most days) and the palm trees. So I was enjoying the last of it. 

Started off really good, we had a plan set up for going home, I had started getting things in order (doc appointments set up, bank accounts transferred, car information set, etc). Rayce was doing pretty good we had just started him on solids. Then February 7th my life changed forever, I can still remember my heart breaking when I found out about my mom. I dropped to the floor in tears, not knowing what to think of it, not knowing exactly what happened. I just wanted to rush to her and be there for her, it was killing me being 3,000 miles away! 
I booked a flight and we came back home, after not being home for 2 yrs it was hard. The first place we went was the hospital to see my mom. 
After being home a week it was time for us to fly back to Hawaii and get ready to move back, we FINALLY had our orders, I couldn't imagine going back to Hawaii and not be close to my mom for a week, so thankful Ryan went and did everything! He is such a wonderful husband.

I don't know how but its already been over a month and I still can't believe what's going on is really going on. Rayce has learned so much just in the last month, in Hawaii he was learning how to sit up on his own, he was doing pretty good with support. But normally he would just roll and roll and roll until he got where he wanted. The 2nd or 3rd week of being back home he amazed me, he somehow learned how to sit up on his own not just sit up but get into the sitting position on his own! I have no idea how he learned that, to be honest i had no idea how I was going to teach him that. A few days later he started doing a scoot thing, he had figured out how to move his knees forward but not his hands so he would end up falling over, then he started to move a little, he would crawl once rock back and fourth then sit up. I am so proud of him, I can't believe he is almost 7th months old already! He is even pulling himself up on things as well, man this kid is a fast learner! He has been so good with people too, it was his first time meeting most of the family. He just loves everyone and of course they adore him.  We are still trying to see everyone, you wouldn't believe how stressful it is, we are blessed to have so many people care for us.  Our 'homecoming plan' pretty much went out the window. I have never had so many emotions run through me. Stress being the biggest one. Not only did I have my mom to worry about but everyone wanting to see us, and then the family arguments about my mom. I try to just stay out of things but that never seems to work. They should respect my decision in NOT picking a side, I shouldn't have to in the first place. 
Thankfully I have been staying a strong positive person throughout this whole thing with my mom. Even when I hear discouraging things, I know my mom is an amazingly strong person and she will get through this it will just be a long road up ahead. I see so many changes in her everyday. 

No comments: